阅读设置(推荐配合 快捷键[F11] 进入全屏沉浸式阅读)

设置X

02 聚会(1 / 2)

02 聚会

公司聚会要参加

dialogue

the boss sent an invitation to every employee to a party. but susan is lack of interest about the party.

老板给每个职员都发了聚会请柬,但是苏珊不太想去。

susan: hi, julie. i just received an invitation to a party from our boss.

苏珊:嗨,朱莉。我收到了老板的请柬,他请我们去参加聚会。

julie: i received one, too.

朱莉:我也收到了。

susan: are you going to join the party?

苏珊:你去吗?

julie: of course. aren't you?

朱莉:当然。你不去吗?

susan: i don't feel much like going there.

苏珊:我不太想去。

julie: why not? it's going to be a nice party at a japanese cuisine restaurant.

朱莉:为什么不去呢?那可是在一家日本料理店的聚会。

susan: i don't like japanese cuisine. besides, i dislike parties.

苏珊:我不喜欢日本料理,而且,我讨厌参加聚会。

julie: even if you don't enjoy parties, you should communicate more with other colleagues. what's more, attendance at the company party is a part of your job. part of the reason for inviting everyone is to build rapport among us in the company.

朱莉:即使你不喜欢参加聚会,你也应该和同事多交流。而且参加聚会也是你的一项工作。举办这次聚会的原因之一就是想在公司里建立融洽的同事关系。

susan: you mean i must attend the party?

苏珊:你的意思是我必须要参加?

julie: of course. the boss expects everyone to be there. you may forego the party if you want to risk offending the boss.

朱莉:当然要去。老板希望每个人都要参加。如果你想得罪老板的话你可以不去。

susan: oh, that is to say i have no choice but to go to the party.

苏珊:噢,也就是说我没得选择只能去了。

notes

1. rapport [r?'p?:t] n. 关系;融洽的关系;相关,比例

2. offend [?'fend] v. 冒犯;犯罪;违反

小贴士

聚会上不适合谈论的话题:

1. personnel finance topics 个人财政状况的话题

2. personal health topics 个人健康方面的话题

3. controversial topics 有争议的话题

4. gossip 八卦

聚会上常用的祝酒词:

1. here's to you!

敬您一杯!

2. to your health!

祝你健康!

3. whatever you like!

请随意!

4. i'd like you to raise your glass and join me in a toast to the health of all our friends present here.

请各位举杯并同我一起为在座的所有朋友们的健康干杯!

5. may i propose a toast to our lasting friendship and cooperation.

我提议为我们长久的友谊和合作干杯!

热闹的同学会

dialogue

jerry and john were classmates when they were in high school. now they are in the high school reunions.

杰瑞和约翰是高中同学。现在他们在高中同学聚会上。

john: hey, jerry. i haven't seen you for ages.

约翰:嘿,杰瑞。很久没见你了。

jerry: yeah, it's been a long time! how is everything going?

杰瑞:是啊,很长时间了。一切可好?

john: pretty good, thanks. i have two boys in middle school and my business is going well. how have you been?

约翰:很好,谢谢。我有两个儿子在上中学,生意也一帆风顺。你好吗?

jerry: ah, you know me! i am a dedicated bachelor. i often fling myself upon my work,so i don't have time to date with girls.

杰瑞:啊,你了解我的。我是个敬业的单身汉。我经常埋头工作,没时间和女孩约会。

john: you haven't changed your inveterate habit. are you still delighted to be a bachelor at all times?

约翰:你的老毛病还是没改啊。你乐意就这样一直做你的单身汉?

jerry: aha, maybe.

杰瑞:啊哈,也许吧。

john: have you seen tony? i was hoping he would come tonight.

约翰:你看到托尼了吗?我希望他今晚上能来。

jerry: of course he comes. we came here together.

杰瑞:他当然来了。我们一起来的。

john: why didn't i come across him? do you always keep in touch each other?

约翰:我怎么没碰到他?你经常和他联系吗?

jerry: we are in the same company.

杰瑞:我们在一家公司上班。

john: oh, no wonder.

约翰:哦,难怪。

notes

1. dedicated ['dedi?keitid] adj. 专注的,献身的;专用的

2. bachelor ['b?t??l?] n. 单身汉;学士

3. fling oneself upo 毅然投身于;奋力从事

4. inveterate [in'vet?rit] adj. 根深蒂固的,成瘾的

5. at all times 随时;总是,一直

小贴士

1. i'm looking forward to the 10-year college homecoming.

我一直盼望着十周年的大学校友会。

2. we often hold homecoming during the spring festival.

我们经常在春节举行同学会。

3. hi, haven't seen you for a long time.

嗨,好久不见了。

也可以这样说:

hi, long time no see!

4. what a surprise! you got married with maggie. you looked like enemies in high school.

真没想到!你居然和麦琪结婚了。在高中时你们就像是仇人。

5. the alumni association is great! i meet many college classmates that have lost contact long ago.

校友会太棒了!我见到了很久以前就失去联系的大学同学。

6. i hate to go to the school reunion, because i am in such a poor case.

我讨厌参加同学会,因为我的处境是如此地狼狈。

7. i almost forgot that today is our 20-year reunion.

我差点忘了今天是我们的20周年的同学会。

温馨浪漫婚礼

dialogue

it's the wedding of maggie.

这是在麦琪的婚礼现场。

maggie: hi, julie, sarah, i'm so glad you take part in our wedding.

麦琪:嗨,朱莉、莎拉,真高兴你们来参加我们的婚礼。

julie: you are really beautiful today. many congratulations on your happy marriage!

朱莉:你今天真漂亮。祝你们幸福!

maggie: thank you! i'm sorry, but i have to entertain other guests. please help yourselves.

麦琪:谢谢!很抱歉,我还要去招待其他的客人。请自便。

上一章 目录 +书签 下一页