阅读设置(推荐配合 快捷键[F11] 进入全屏沉浸式阅读)

设置X

02 聚会(2 / 2)

julie: ok, go ahead.

朱莉:好的,你去忙吧。

sarah: oh, julie, it's really a wonderful wedding, isn't it?

莎拉:哦,朱莉,这真是个很棒的婚礼,不是吗?

julie: yeah, it's very great. i think today maggie is the most beautiful and happiest bride in the world.

朱莉:是呀,非常棒。我觉得今天麦琪是世界上最美丽、最幸福的新娘。

sarah: yes, her husband is all in all to her and very considerate. the bride and bridegroom's vows are quite moving. it seems that they are the most perfect match.

莎拉:嗯,他的丈夫很爱她,也很体贴。新郎新娘的结婚誓言也很感人。他们简直是天作之合。

julie: what about you and your boyfriend? when will you get married?

朱莉:那么你和你的男朋友呢?你们什么时候结婚?

sarah: we've been dating for over 5 years.but we haven't decided when to get married.

莎拉:我们已经恋爱5年了,但是我们还没决定什么时候结婚。

julie: ok, i'm looking forward to attending your wedding.

朱莉:哦,我也很期待参加你们的婚礼呢。

sarah: look! maggie is going to throw the bride bouquet.

莎拉:看!麦琪要扔新娘花束了。

julie: oh, i'll try to catch it.

朱莉:噢,我要去接。

sarah: me, too.

莎拉:我也去。

notes

1. take part in 参加,参与

2. help yourself 请自便

3. all in all 总的来说;大体而言;头等重要之物

4. considerate [k?n'sid?rit] adj. 考虑周到的;体谅的,体贴的

5. vow [vau] n. 誓约;v. 发誓

6. bouquet [bu'kei] n. 花束;称赞;酒香

小贴士

婚礼誓言

在西方婚礼中,结婚誓词是婚礼上最重要的部分,发自肺腑的寥寥数语是新人对婚姻和一辈子的坚定承诺。

i(groom's name)take thee(bride's name)to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish, until death do us part,according to god's holy ordinance; and there to i plight thee my troth.

我(新郎名)接受你(新娘名)成为我的合法妻子,从今以后永远拥有你,无论生活好坏,贫富与否,是否健康,我都会爱你,尊敬你并且珍惜你,直到死亡将我们分开。我向上帝宣誓,并向他保证我对你的神圣誓言。

婚礼相关词汇:

group wedding 集体婚礼

marriage certificate 结婚证

wedding banquet 婚宴

wedding march 婚礼进行曲

honeymoon 蜜月

wedding announcer 婚礼主持人

mixed marriage 跨国婚姻

remarriage/digamy 再婚

restoration of marriage 复婚

flash marriage 闪婚

property notarization before marriage 婚前财产公证

又长一岁了

dialogue

there's a party in susan's house for her birthday.

苏珊的家里正在举行一个聚会以庆祝她的生日。

susan: oh, karl. welcome to my birthday party! it's good of you to come.

苏珊:噢,卡尔。欢迎来参加我的生日聚会! 你能来真是太好了。

karl: happy birthday, susan. here is a present for you! i hope you like it.

卡尔:祝你生日快乐,苏珊。我给你带了一个礼物,希望你能喜欢。

susan: oh, you're so thoughtful. thank you. what is it?

苏珊:哦,你想得真周到。谢谢你。是什么?

karl: why don't you open and see?

卡尔:你打开看看不就知道了吗?

susan: all right. wow, what a big surprise! the latest record from sarah brightman! thank you so much. you know i've been expecting this for a long time. i don't know how to thank you for the gift.

苏珊:好的。哇哦,这对我来说真是个大惊喜!是莎拉·布莱曼的最新专辑!真是太感谢你了。你知道的我期待它很久了。我真不知道该怎么感谢你。

karl: i'm very glad to hear you like it.

卡尔:很高兴你喜欢这个礼物。

julie: here comes the birthday cake.

朱莉:蛋糕来了。

susan: i must first make a wish.

苏珊:我要先许个愿。

julie: but don't tell us, or the wish won't come true.

朱莉:但是别告诉我们哟,否则愿望就不会实现了。

karl: oh, the candles all went out. i wish your dreams will come to fruition.

卡尔:噢,蜡烛全吹灭了。希望你的愿望能实现。

susan: thank you. now let's enjoy the cake.

苏珊:谢谢。现在我们一起吃蛋糕吧。

notes

1. thoughtful ['θ?:tf?l] adj. 深思的;体贴的

2. make a wish 许愿

3. come true(预言、期望等)实现,成为事实

4. go out 外出;过时;(潮)退;(灯)熄;终止;公布

5. fruition [fru:'i??n] n. 取得成果,成就;实现,完成

小贴士

如何拒绝聚会上的“劝吃劝喝”:

1. sorry, i'm not used to drinking.

我不喝酒。

2. i have quit drinking.

我已经戒酒了。

3. i'm on diet.

我在节食。

4. i have had quite enough. i can't take another bite.

我吃撑了,一口都吃不下了。

5. no, thank you. i'm really up.

不用了,谢谢。我真的吃饱了。

6. i cannot drink because i will have to drive back home after the party.

我不能喝酒,聚会结束后我还得开车回家呢。

唱歌就来ktv

dialogue

tom and karl are discussing how to treat their partners.

汤姆和卡尔正在讨论怎么犒劳他们的搭档。

tom: the project was a big success. now it's finished, all credit goes to our coworkers.

汤姆:这个项目很成功。现在已经完成了,这都归功于我们的同事。

karl: yeah, i think we should take them out to celebrate this weekend.

卡尔:是的,我觉得这个周末应该带他们去庆祝一下。

tom: do you have any good ideas?

汤姆:你有什么好主意吗?

karl: we could invite them all to dinner at the bear restaurant, then come to a pub for drinks.

卡尔:我们可以邀请他们去比尔饭店聚餐,然后到酒吧喝点东西。

tom: good idea. but i have another suggestion. why don't we go to a ktv and sing?

汤姆:好主意。但是我还有个提议。为什么不去ktv唱歌?

上一页 目录 +书签 下一章